[pct-l] Trail Tunes

Tom Aterno taterno at cox.net
Sat Sep 6 18:13:57 CDT 2008

This past week, I brought a mp3 player on a my Sierra backpack trips
for the first time.  i didn't use it while hiking, but I did use it at
night while going to sleep.  Here is a list of trail songs, some of
which I did not have in my player for this trip, but will have loaded
for the next trip.

In no particular order, and for your listening enjoyment...

I Can See Clearly Now - Bob Marley
Mountain Song #3 - Jerry Garcia, David Crosby, etc.
Smoothie Song - Nickel Creek
Misty Morning - Bob Marley
I Am A Man of Constant Sorrow - Soggy Bottom Boys
Symphony #6, Pastoral - Beethoven
William Tell Overture - Rossini (I love the tstorm)
Redemption Song - Bob Marley
Southern Cross - CSN&Y
Wonderful World - Grateful Dead
Ripple - Grateful Dead
Long May You Run - Neil Young
Ave Maria - Schubert, for when I needed strength
Big Rock Candy Mountain - John Hartford
A Night In Summer Long Ago - Mark Knopfler, beautiful in a middle
ages, thru hiker way
61 Highway - Mississippi Fred McDowell
Be the Rain - Neil Young and Crazy Horse
No Rain - Blind Melon
So Flute - St Germaine
You Keep Me Hanging On - Vanilla Fudge
I Would Walk 500 Miles - I could not get this one out of my head while
hiking, arrgh!
Dust My Broom - Muddy Waters & Howlin Wolf
Nanook Rubs it - Frank Zappa, Yellow Snow, too
Brandenburg Concertos
Baby Sitar - Portishead
All Along the Watchtower - Neil Young
And various pieces from Enigma from their Cross of Changes album, made
famous by H and Whistler in their wonderful 2005 PCT dvd

There were more but gotta run.

What were your favorites on the trail this year, or last?

The Incredible Bulk