[pct-l] Scott and Joe Record

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Sep 1 20:21:06 CDT 2008

Unsupported Reinhold writes: Joe lost about 50 lb, while Scott, always lean, lost hardly any.  Joe is a firm believer in Switchback's pre-stored calories method and it seems to work well for hi They are on the way to Seattle now with Dusty, who picked them up at the border, and are stopping at every restaurant along the way.....Joe is a firm believer in calorie stocking.  Scott and Joe thank everybody for their support and Joe will post a report upon his return.
Switchback replies: This is a great accomplishment.  Congratulations to Scott and Joe for a job well done.  It will be my pleasure to crush this record under my hiking boots during my 2012 PCT thru hike.  I will humiliate/asphyxiate all the hikers that year with my trail dust and mountainman body odor.  No problem.