[pct-l] Seeking JMT shuttle info

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Mon Sep 1 09:03:11 CDT 2008

The only rental car company along highway 395 is Enterprise. Their main office is in Ridgecrest, with satellite offices in Bishop (760-924-1094 - ask for Tommy) and at the Mammoth Lakes airport. We tried to do a one-way rental from Mammoth to Reno, but Enterprise (national office) said "no" (it's not up to the local franchisee). No reason was given. You could still try, especially if the car isn't leaving the state of California. We wound up renting out of Mammoth and taking the CREST bus from Mammoth back to Reno for our flight home.

Shuttle services working out of Bishop: both will go to North/South Lakes, Whitney Portal, even Kennedy Meadows and Reno.

Bob Ennis (recommended)  760-876-1915
      http://www.mtwhitneyshuttle.com/index.html

High Sierra Transportation  760-872-1111
      http://www.highsierratransportation.com

I have no experience with leaving a car there, but multiple forum posts indicate it's quite common and safe to park at Whitney Portal for extended times.

Wandering Bob