[pct-l] Maps

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Oct 30 16:05:13 CDT 2008

The Guide Books and the Data Book were more than enough for me. The
Tom Harrison maps were great on the JMT (I did not get a chance to
use them elsewhere.)

I found that the second Guide Book was more aptly named "The Book of
Lies." Make sure you say that word "Lies" with an evil, bitter tone
of voice. That book hid a lot of mountains in between its gently
downward-sloping data points. It also was unreliable as far as water.

I didn't need the Yogi Book. There was enough word-of-mouth on the
trail and enough help from people in town for me.