[pct-l] Water Capacity in Desert

Blake Robinson robinson.blake at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 03:10:33 CDT 2008

Hello,
I'm looking forward to my thru hike in April 2009 and had a question :  how
much water do I need to carry?  I'll be honest, I'm somewhat paranoid about
having enough water, so I'd want to have extra and definitely would not be
relying on any caches.  I was thinking along the lines of 8 liters, what
kind of capacity do others carry?  Also, I was thinking about only bringing
1 liter soda bottle because they're cheap, replaceable, and indestructible,
and maybe a sierra cup to use as a dipper for shallow springs/sources.
  Anyone have any suggestions as far as other containers or suggestions for
capacity?

Thanks,

Blake aka Deluxe