[pct-l] one more lesson learned: another reason to be a section

Postholer public at postholer.com
Tue Oct 28 19:08:41 CDT 2008

Remember that frozen/possibly damaged water filter discussion we had? I
would be very certain the ceramic element is ok. If so, I would back flush
the filter and pump plenty of bleachy water through it.

Who knows what's growing in the water of your filter while it's sitting on a
shelf, warm trunk or where ever for days at a time.

-postholer

So I am wondering if some combination of physical stress/dehydration/
strange water/strange food can lead to some kind of mechanical irritation.
That's my problem to figure out, but the more general lesson is... sometimes
it's a good idea to carry more than the minimum that you know you'll need.