[pct-l] one more lesson learned: another reason to be a sectionhiker

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Tue Oct 28 14:36:44 CDT 2008

Hoping to wipe-out this discussion I should mention that here in the Pacific
NW we have large, soft Thimble Berry leaves and lots of Old Man's Beard tree
moss.  Lots and lots of moss....

We also have the smooth river rocks but they may be found in close proximity
to the volcanic cinder variety.  You may be in a hurry -- experiencing what
TV commercials euphemistically term "embarrassing urgency" -- but avoid
confusing the two types of rock.

Steel-Eye