[pct-l] base weights and ultralight packs

Dusty Wallace dusterbuddy at comcast.net
Wed Oct 22 16:02:34 CDT 2008

I tend to agree with Easy. Although I've only been doing sections, and live
in WA. I need a tougher pack for the weather and my hiking style. So for me
it is an Arterx Bora80. Over the last year I have notice I only use maybe
65liters of that massive volume but it fit me and rarely causes pain or
pinching. And I've submerged it multiple times to have little to no water
penetration. I was thinking that hiking the PCT with this pack maybe
overkill and to heavy but ran into 'Hardcore' and 'Late Arrival' to see Late
Arrival using the same pack. HYOH, and use the pack that works for you. But
the beast is heavy at over 5lbs.

Dusty