[pct-l] Humor - A Thru Hiker's Vacation

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 03:09:18 CDT 2008

Our intrepid hero and PCT thru hiker, Grizzly, slowly enters his local trailtown saloon.  He looks rather down cast and forlorn.  His hiking buddy, Switchback, says, "Grizzly, old bro, come and sit down and take a load off your shoulders.  You look like you need a cold brew.  Wench, set a couple of beers up for my pal and I."

"Yes, Switchback, I do need to relax and be with my hiking buddies," says Grizzly as he takes a big gulp from the frosted mug.  "What's wrong, buddy?", asks Switchback.

"Well, you know my longtime wife and trail partner, TrailDust.  We cannot agree on our vacation plans.  We had a big fight.  I want to go to the big island in Hawaii and do some great hiking. "

 Well, what's wrong with that super idea?  Sounds like a lot of fun.", says Switchback.

"Yes, it is, but she wants to go with me.", responds Grizzly.

Switchback says, "Yes, that is a typical problem with us mountainmen.  But you should not let it get you down."

Grizzly responds, "Well after the fight I thought I better call the Suicide Lifeline.  I got a call center in Pakistan.  I told them I was suicidal."

"Wow, that is wild.  What did they tell you to help?", asked Switchback.

"They asked me if I could drive a truck.", responded a frustrated Grizzly.

"Have another cold brew on me, Grizzly," says Switchback.