[pct-l] Super Super Secrets

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Mon Oct 6 09:12:01 CDT 2008

Well said, Piper,

According to the lyrics of "Two Little Feet":
   "We have no knowledge
    And so we have 'stuff',
    But 'stuff' without knowledge
    Is never enough.
    It just won't get you there."

Think how much better it would be if we all started at Campo hiking like
Grandma Gatewood on the AT who carried little more than a bedroll, an old
shower curtain for shelter, and a sack of food.  That's pretty much the
lowest common denominator.

New hikers always seem willing to trade treasure for "stuff", but later up
the trail when they have more experience, they begin to think in terms of
trading effort for "stuff"; as in, "Do I really want that bad enough to
carry it for 2000 miles?"

Sometimes knowledge comes at a price:
  Hiker 1    "What's that thing in the trail?
  Hiker 2    "That's a smart-pill --  try it.
  Hiker 1      Munch, munch.  "Hey, it's a rabbit dropping!"
  Hiker 2    "See, you're getting smarter already."

Steel-Eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

^^^^^^^^^^  Join other hikers at:  http://www.aldhawest.org/  ^^^^^^^^^^