[pct-l] Bear harrassment

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 5 10:27:01 CDT 2008

>Will bears fight each other for food? I was thinking maybe the best solution
was to do the Sierra portion of my '09 thru in a bear  costume. I figure
curious bears will be less likely to steal a food bag if another "bear" is
using it as a pillow.

Yes, but how much does one of those weigh?  Is there an ultralight version?  Is it substantial enough to double as a sleeping bag?  If so, would you carry it in place of said bag?

I just had a thought.  If "the can" is where one goes to...er...relieve one's self, wouldn't a bear can be.......?

-Nathan Miller
Newberg, OR