[pct-l] Bear Harassment

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Oct 4 01:48:06 CDT 2008

PostHoler wrote: What you are doing is putting a 'handle' on an ungraspable canister, then the bear will run off with your canister, bag and ego. Will YOU be in for a big surprise! Ha ha ha ha...
Switchback replies: Hummmm.  I did not think about that.  May be I should put it is a super size ZipLock.  I have some of those in my gear supply box.  Then the bear would tear that up easily when he got the canister down from the tree.

Several other ideas are roaming around in my fertile mind to overcome this dilemma.