[pct-l] Mosquitos

Dan Larson dan.uhaul.larson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 21:57:18 CDT 2008

I ran into bad mosquitoes in Oregon and Washington this year and was
delighted and simply resplendent in my bug pants, bug shirt and headnet. All
cost very little, surprisingly, from a combo of army surplus stores and REI.
And very little weight or bulk. Durable clothing would have been easier, but
it was hot! Cool breeze and no mosquitoes, ahhh... I was the envy of all on
the trail. DEET is necessary too for when you're moving and don't want to
wear that  stuff, but when it counts, when you're camping, netting clothing
is ideal. Also, running creates a wind effect that discourages mosquito
landings and attacks.

Traildan