[pct-l] Sanitation

Laura Fox laura_fox at alum.swarthmore.edu
Wed Oct 1 12:24:42 CDT 2008

(Just re-subscribed post-2008-thru-hike :)

I remember having a conversation about trail sanitation with a person who
had a medical background.  Somebody asked him if a person can get sick from
their own poor sanitation -- ie, basically, can you get sick from
accidentally eating trace amounts of your *own* poop because you didn't
sanitize your hands after going to the bathroom?  He said no, you can't.  I
don't know if this is true or not because I have no medical training, but if
it is true, then having good hygiene won't keep you from getting sick -- you
have to make sure that everybody you are hanging out with has good hygiene!

Message: 8