[pct-l] Higher Cost of Section Hiking

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sat Nov 29 15:17:25 CST 2008

I agree wholeheartedly that section hiking is more expensive, along with being logistically challenging. Personal experience is teaching me this. It is indeed an amazing accomplishment to complete a thru-hike, but the section hikers have so many more hurdles to overcome that their persistence and dedication, often over a period of many years, is much to be admired.  Not to mention that you have to go through your first week adjustments on the trail over, and over, and over!

L-Rod