[pct-l] Summer 09 Section-so many choices, so little time

Greg Mikol greg.mikol at ieee.org
Sat Nov 29 12:30:49 CST 2008

Well...I've hiked most of both, and the scenery in OR is just as amazing as
WA, but different, esp. S. of OR 58. AFAIK, there's no public
transportation to Snoqualmie Pass from SEA (though I think there was
mention of a private shuttle service a couple of months ago? that might
serve the pass). But you can get from PDX airport to Stevenson, WA (~2mi E.
of Bridge of The Gods) by public transportation via a combination of MAX,
C-Tran and Skamania County Transit. You might even be able to sweet-talk
the driver in to dropping you off at BOG. I think you'll have to rely on
the kindness of strangers to get you to the Hwy 138 crossing.

My personal preference / opinion? Neither section will disappoint, but if
you haven't hiked in either area before, do the Oregon section.
Alternately, consider starting your WA section at Road 23 south of Mt.
Adams and going as far north as you want.

--Greg