[pct-l] What To Take + Permits

Jonathan Blees Jblees at energy.state.ca.us
Fri Nov 28 16:58:36 CST 2008

Sean,

Someone has probably mentioned these sources already, but I haven't seen any such in my PCT-L digests, so . . . .  All of your questions and many, many more are answered in Yogi's Guidebook to the PCT.  Most people on the list seem to agree that either "Yogi's Book" or the Wilderness Press Guidebooks are the most important guide-type purchases you can make, although it looks like Erik the Black's PCT Atlas is coming up fast.  You should also be sure to check out the maps and other info at postholer's and halfmile's sites.  So:

www.pcthandbook.com  (Yogi)
www.pctatlas.com (Erik the Black)
www.postholer.com (Postholer)
www.pctmap.net (Halfmile)

I started section-hiking the trail 'round the turn of the millennium, and since then there has been an explosion of useful information available in print and online.  Thanks to all who have worked so hard to make hiking safer and more enjoyable for so many.

Wildheart.

*****