[pct-l] Permits

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Fri Nov 28 11:24:02 CST 2008

Very interesting. I remembered that you needed a permit to summit Mt
Whitney, so I looked at the Inyo NFS site. Sure enough the Mt Whitney zone
(where the permit is required) is on the east side of the crest. The map
shows the trail and the John Muir trail on the west side of the crest.
Thanks for pointing this out Bob.