[pct-l] Hiking north of highway 58

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 11:31:38 CST 2008

We hiked from Highway 58 (in Calif) north in late April of this year. It is
a steep climb for about 7 miles, and then about 10 miles to Golden Oaks
Spring. I did a day trip first, to cache water just after the steep part. We
camped short of Golden Oaks Spring the first night, and then filled up at
Golden Oaks the next day, including enough for a dry camp about 14 miles
further. Robin Bird Spring had good water, and Landers Creek had water. I
also cached water at Kelso Valley Road and Bird Spring Pass. We had zero
Verizon cell coverage in this area. I did a spreadsheet with data book
mileages, elevations, etc which you might find useful:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pPFto0EzOaDvodW76Q8jqWQ

Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/pct.html
http://timecheck00.blogspot.com