[pct-l] kicks

Tom Aterno taterno at cox.net
Tue Nov 25 13:20:26 CST 2008

I have 908s, and they are a very comfortable and light trail hiker.  I
hardly knew I had them on they are so light.  My mileage went up when
I wore them.  Problem is, after not nearly 300 training miles, the
sole lugs are worn almost flat.  I would need many pair ($$$ at ~$100
a pair) to hike to Canada.  Maybe the 908s would last longer on a
lighter individual than I.  I now use Merrill Chamelions.  Unless boot
technology changes, will never wear a boot again to backpack.

Tom