[pct-l] kicks

Bob Sartini r.sartini at rcn.com
Tue Nov 25 09:42:18 CST 2008

I live in Boston , the NB factory is two miles from my home. Many people
consider Boston part of the USA.

I hike in sandals. A few years in Bite Sandals but they don't make them
anymore. More recently Keen.

In the distant past I swore by Scarpa boots. Heavy.

My argument for sandals is that they dry quickly after rain or stream
crossings. Boots never dry. NB's only dry eventually.

If you carry a heavy pack (for reasons I don't understand) you might not get
enough support from sandals. I weigh 250 and carry 30-35 lbs max fully
loaded out of town and I love my sandals and will be unlikely to switch
although I think NB's are very nice. For me the dry - wet  thing carries the
day. Because for me wet boots means blisters.

"EVERYTHING is in walking distance,"
    ......Bamboo Bob