[pct-l] Crampon Alternate

Jack Wallace jackwallace39 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 24 21:04:32 CST 2008

Many of my friends have Yaktrax and swear by them for use here in the northwest.  That said, they also complain about reliability issues; specifically they are kind of like tire chains.  If you walk on dirt or rock surfaces for any distance at all, they tend to break.  Most of the time I use 4-point in-step crampons if it gets that icy and just plant that ice axe a little better.