[pct-l] Boy Scouts and trail etiquette

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 24 20:02:37 CST 2008

My first reaction was to be shocked, after all scouting, I thought, should be teaching young boys how to be one with nature.  Then I thought, "How much training do their leaders get?  How many potential leaders would put up with a lot of training?"  Are my standards too high? Perhaps, but if you are going to introduce young boys to nature, I would think that teaching respect for nature should be a big part of that introduction.  I guess I am too much of a cynic to really be shocked, just disappointed... again.  Thank God for the trail community and a few nature-reverent souls, and thank you Patti for putting out that fire.

Amanda (Shepherd)