[pct-l] hiker safety ((( DOGS)))

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 12:36:59 CST 2008

I would like to hear about the bad stuff that REALLY happens to the hikers
after they start their adventures. We hear a lot of "what ifs". That
includes dogs too. I have seen a few dogs come through here (2400 miles from
the Mexican border) that have been OK.  But on the flip side I have seen
dogs come through here that lost the use of their hind legs, exhausted,
bloody feet or too tired to eat or drink. I have been anti dog for the
hikers......but every dog is different. Every owner is different. If you
take your dog on your hike with you....pay close attention to the dog's
physical and mental condition. Remember how many steps the pooch that you
love is taking. (compared to you). He loves you and will follow you to his
death and not complain. Would you do that for anyone ??

PCT MOM