[pct-l] Traction Devices...

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 15:34:15 CST 2008

This link below  was posted several months  ago. Perhaps it will help?
****************************

Though meant for trail running, this article gives a great overview for traction devices for lighter footware.
http://mountainrunning.com/features/february_08/index.html

The only review missing is forin-step (4 pt) crampons. (or similar)
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___33054?CS_003=2477120&CS_010=33054

In-step crampons are a bit impractical for trailrunning and/or for some
lighter footwear.

 However, if you use traditional boots/heavier footwear,  the four pt.
crampons has proven
 to be a good option for hikers in icy, but
non-technical, conditions.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com