[pct-l] Piper's Flight

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Nov 19 14:15:11 CST 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Blatant commercial:
>
> My daughter, Piper, (Diane Soini) recently published her journal of
> her 2008
> PCT hike from Campo to Dunsmuir, entitled "Piper's Flight."  I'm
> totally
> prejudiced of course, but in the book she shares her joys, her
> miseries, her
> emotions and her pain in a way that's entertaining and real.  You
> can read
> an excerpt from the book and can order the book in paperback or by
> download
> at http://www.lulu.com/content/4533941.
>
> Piper's (very proud) Mom
> Meridith Rosendahl

Aww, shucks. By the way, there are other PCT books there, too. It was
a lot of work making this, but it was fun. If you wrote a good
journal on the PCT, you may want to try Lulu, too. You won't get
rich, but there's something amazing about holding a printed book with
your own words in it.

By the way, it's a book by someone who did not make it to Canada. You
don't have to go all the way to Canada to bring back an amazing
adventure or to experience all the joys and wonder of the hike. So
those of you who are agonizing about your 3 month limit, don't fret
it too much. You'll have a fabulous time and you'll leave a little
leftover for later. I'm looking forward to finishing the trail
someday. When I do, that'll make it two life-changing adventures for
the price of one trail!

~Piper