[pct-l] new fires

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sat Nov 15 19:53:27 CST 2008

We drove from Apple Valley to Fullerton this morning to attend a meeting
that got out at 2:00.  One fire had closed the 91 Freeway in Santa Ana
Canyon, and another fire had closed the 57 freeway from Brea to the 60.
  So the only way out of Orange County was to go straight north from
Fullerton, over the Puente Hills.  It took us two hours to travel from
Fullerton north to the 210 Freeway.  The piles of black smoke were
horrible to see, and the wind was ferocious.  I was glad to see the San
Bernardino mountains not on fire, for once, however.   As we traveled
north on Harbor Blvd. near Imperial Highway I could see the flames on
the hills, eating up chaparral and heading for homes. A horrible sight.