[pct-l] Voting and Hiking

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Nov 7 08:57:24 CST 2008

Stop and think about this.  The political landscape has some real potential for us hikers.  I think what would be very cool to go on a multi month hike/camp and then come back and see what has happen with the political scene.

The Prez Elect will have his administration together.  You could see also if we have slipped from recession into depression and if the stock market has hit 5,000.  And after going down, gas could be back to its proper place of $6.00 a gallon.  Unemployment could be hovering around the Depression era 30%.  And I will not even go into the wars and bailouts.

Then it is only logical and proper for you to turn around and go back out into the backcountry permanently.  You could come out periodically for supplies and cash your income redistribution/pension, etc. checks, hit the hiker saloons for hot pizza and cold brew, etc.  This whole thing is a perfect excuse to be on a continual hike in non-partisan Mother Nature.  WHO'S WITH ME?

May the forest be with you, Comrade Switchback the Trail Pirate