[pct-l] Fw: Snow in May

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Wed May 28 13:16:35 CDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: jomike at cot.net
To: dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:04 AM
Subject: Snow in May

In a perfect world everyone would be totally informed, prepared and equipped.

This is not a perfect world. When two people arrive at the ER of the local hospital, the medical staff doesn't take the time to inquire as to the skill level of the injured, who was "prepared", or not...and neither should we. An accident always is made up of mistakes, poor considerations, lack of preparedness and some times just blame bad luck. But an injured hiker is still, an injured hiker.

The moral values and professional ethics taken by the medical profession that all will be treated equally.

Maybe we should do the same. We are here to assist; if we cannot offer certain treatment to certain people, that might be listed as services not available.