[pct-l] Wildlands Thru-Hike Fundraiser

Jeramy Vallianos jeramyvallianos at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:54:37 CDT 2008

Hi all, hope everyone is enjoying the walking.  I wanted to post up a
project that my partner and I have organized for our thru-hike this year.
It's called "Walk for Wildlands" and it is a walking fundraiser for land
conservation in the Pacific corridor.  The money we raise is being put
toward land acquisition projects for the PCTA, the purchase of lands in the
coming Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument with Pacific Forest Trust, and
grassroots Northwest community activism with the Cacasdia Ecosystem
Advocates.  I wanted to put this out there to see if any other hikers would
be interested in joining this fundraising effort.  We could add a photo and
small bio of those who would like to participate on the website
www.walkforwild.org.  We also have fundraising letters and other material
that can be mailed out to your contacts.  Anyone interested can contact
either ezzysmalls at gmail.com or walkforwild at gmail.com for more information.
So far we've raised around $600 and if more of us get together we can really
do some great work toward re-wilding the landscape and protecting more of
the threatened spaces along our beloved pct.  Thanks ya'll, peace,
Jeramy and Serena
www.walkforwild.org