[pct-l] TEHACHAPI PASS PARKING WARNING

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sat May 24 13:50:56 CDT 2008

Though there is a signed trail crossing, that particular location isn't really an improved "trailhead" area. Officially recognized trailheads typically have parking and rudimentary amenities. If I remember correctly, it is signed "no parking" somewhere on the road where you parked. For future reference, there are a couple of trail angels in Tehachapi that might be willing to let you park a car there. There is also a ride angel, Mazda Gal, that can help individual hikers get from one point to another, and has done so for many hikers. I didn't get their permission to post their contact information online, but I have it here if anyone needs it.

L-Rod