[pct-l] Backcountrygear.com

Jim "PITA" Payne enyapjr at comcast.net
Sat May 24 10:28:16 CDT 2008

Hi David,

I've never had any problems whatsoever with Backcountry Gear - always fast service and very reliable...
Their website (<http://www.backcountrygear.com/content/faq.cfm>) is up and running fine by me...
They do have a toll free number (on above link), but you posted on a Saturday of a three-day holiday weekend - so ???? (it's also an order line, 'should normally' be answered on a Saturday and they are having their "Memorial Day Sale" right now)...

Regarding BearVault - they had production delays/delivery problems of some sort this year...
The full-sized canisters have been out of stock for some time and are just now getting out to all the online vendors (backcountry.com today shows that it will ship within 24 hours, so they have it in stock at this moment)...
The last time I checked BearVaults online vendors (about a week ago), all were out of stock and some stated "late May" delivery (which had been "mid April" or "late April" or "mid May" prior to that)...
If you opted for the free UPS Ground shipping on your order, that can take up to 7 or 8 business days to go from OR cross country to NC...

Give Backcountry Gear a call - have your order number ready...  I think they will answer your question...

Happy trails!!!
Jim "PITA"