[pct-l] Public Announcement Reloaded

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Fri May 23 00:49:18 CDT 2008

Pieces wrote: Update: Can't Quit and Pieces will not be attending. We aborted our hike today at Kelso Valley Road because we were not adequately equipped for the sudden change in the weather --- large temperature drop accompanied by rain! I was told today that this new weather situation is expected to last through Sunday; time will tell.
Switchback replies: No problem.  It is always better to be safe than sorry on the trail.  Always error on the side of safety.  Interestingly, my hiking buddy, Rattlesnake the Macaroni out of Showlo, AZ said today that a big snow storm hit there.  Lots of snow.  Weird.  So, I guess the weather is beginning to act up all over.  I will go over to Walker Pass for the big Food Ruck this weekend and see what's up.  I like a good storm on the trail, so may be I will still have fun.  Stinker the Trail Skunk and I were planning to sleep in the world famous PCT hybrid support vehicle anyway.  Heh, heh, heh.