[pct-l] Dangerous Flowers

Kathleen Salmon ksalmon at wesleyan.edu
Wed May 14 17:06:24 CDT 2008

Hey All,

I was just warned by Dan, the firefighter and PCT liason in Big Bear,
about these new flowers that are popping up. They tend to be the first
flowers to grow in areas recently scoarched by fire around this California
area. The first type has purple petals and will cause SERIOUS respitory
illnesses. The second has yellow petals and will cause a bad rash. DO NOT
TOUCH OR SMELL them.

Dan was warned by someother goverment agency. There is not much more known
about these flowers except that they are not native. I wish I had more
information than that. Please spread the word.

Hope all is well. Trail is amazing.

Kathleen