[pct-l] PCT Unassisted Record Sabotged

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue May 13 08:07:09 CDT 2008

You know now that I think about it, I wonder how  we can set it up so they
get to the Canadian border monument in 79 days, 21  hours, and 43 minutes.  That
would be one minute short of tying the  record.  I would think an ambush
along the last 8 miles into the monument  would be cool.  Previous ambushes would
have slowed them down to where they  were just going to break the record.
These two guys might break the  current record by days, so careful planning is
needed to make this  work.

But to really make this work, it has to be a  sting operation.  It has to be
something that they do not realize they have  been had.  They will just think
they are having bad luck, etc., "Better  luck next time" and all that.  I will
have to think about  this.

Say, I know.  We could leave hot pizzas and cold brews along the trail  for
them.  If they eat or drink anything, they are now ASSISTED.   Their unassisted
record attempt goes out the window.  THAT'S  IT!!  And as the hike goes on,
the more likely they will violate their  sacred unassisted oath.  Another
brilliant idea by yours  truly.  How do I do it?  Thank you, thank you, thank you
.............many pats on the back and congratulations for me.

Your pal, Switchback the Trail Pirate
PCT/JMT Section Hiker 1970

favorites at AOL Food.