[pct-l] Olancha area

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.com
Mon May 12 14:27:45 CDT 2008

Louise,

Your description of the Kern Plateau and the Olancha area under spring thaw
I can see and hear!  Thanks for the vivid descriptions; I feel like I'm
virtually there...

When I hiked through at those elevations back in 1974 on my thru hike, there
was still two to three feet of snow in the meadows, but the run-off was in
full swing (as it is here in South Lake Tahoe!!), the flowers were trying to
emerge on the south slopes, the frogs were waking up, and the mud was
everywhere!

How about some more "meadow stories" as told by the locals?

Mtnned

For Information on Programs, previous Trips, and Photo Gallery,

Please visit: www.mountaineducation.com