[pct-l] Sonora Pass TH

pct loper pct_loper at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 21:41:22 CDT 2008

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 11:28:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Subject: [pct-l] Sonora Pass TH

  I have parked several times at both Sonora and Ebbetts Passes----Ebbetts has a large parking area---at Sonora I have never had an issue but do not park in the Picnic spots---.  These are both very remote areas with no public transport.  I have also heard there is a dirt road just a few hundred feet east of Sonora Pass just behind the normal parking area where people have parked--but have not personally checked this out.

  I'm thinking about section hiking part of California this year, and
 have a friend who wants to join  me at Tuolumne and head north.  I was
 wondering if there is decent trail head parking at Sonora or Ebbets Pass,
 and are either spots considered safe to leave a car for a few days?  Am
 I correct to assume that there is no public transportation to either
 of these passes?  How about local shuttles?  Any info would be
 appreciated.
Thanks