[pct-l] Halfmile's Alternate Route - Thank You !!

Lawton Grinter lawtong at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 17:43:35 CDT 2008

Disco and P.O.D. here in Idyllwild,

We walked "Halfmile's" alternate route from Paridise Cafe into Idyllwild and it was quite good.  Started it yesterday at 3:30 PM and got into Idyllwild today about noon.  Thank you Halfmile for posting info and the maps of this alternate from your May 1st post.

http://www.pctmap.net/pctdownloads/sanjac_detour_map.zipThe alternate was fairly straight forward as described.  The 1st 2 miles from Paradise Cafe to Thomas Mtn Road were a bit gnarly . . . lots of up and down . . . straight up and down but once we hit Thomas Mtn Road it was easy cruising all the way back to Idyllwild . . . well mostly.  The only water on the route was at the Lake Hemet store and the Herkey Campground but that was not a problem either.  We were told this route was 21 miles in length and I think that is accurate.

Thanks again Halfmile.

Best, Disco and P.O.D.