[pct-l] Campo to Warner Springs

pct-l at mattmaxon.com pct-l at mattmaxon.com
Mon May 5 16:09:58 CDT 2008

SWS wrote:
> I am looking at hiking from Campo to Warner Springs starting the day
> after Memorial Day and finishing at Warner Springs the next Tuesday
> evening or Wednesday, spending the day until the bus runs on
> Thursday morning at Warner Springs. Am I insane to consider this
> section then because of temperatures/water?

I've heard of people starting in July, "it depends" as the saying goes.

It depends on your tolerance for high temps, what time of day you
hike, weather are a few factors that come to mind.

I do things many people would consider "insane" but I'm still here....

So leave it at "it depends", but if you are coming from northern
Michigan, or some such place I'd recommend another choice.

If you live in death valley and go running marathons in August through
Furnace Creek and Bad Water it'll be a walk in the park

Trail90