[pct-l] Public Announcement

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Thu May 1 23:32:21 CDT 2008

RJ writes: Trail manners in a Trail Pirate? Who'da Thunk? I'm gonna have to think long and hard about this one...........ok, I've thunk about it........hahahahahahhahaha..I like your raping and pillaging and hauling off the babes of the trail idea better........hauling butt up the trail on a Hawg..now THAT's a Trail Pirate!!!
Switchback the Trail Pirate replies: Actually, at my age all I can do is when I sack a trailtown is go down to the local senior center, order some soup and chase the babes using walkers.  Then I can give some hikers down at the highway a ride back up to the PCT trailhead.  For a hiker babe to get on my shoulder they would have to get a ladder or a table to stand on to get on and off.  The ride would only be around the senior center and then they have to get off.  I would then require a nap.  I don't think I can get my leg over the back of a Harley to get on it.  I would rather have a hiker babe ride me around town on a Harley with me on the back.  I would feel safer that way, but she would probably charge me a fee and I can only pay in coins --- no folding money for us seniors.  Sorry, but you have to admit I do make up good stories.  I have to go now and cannot play anymore because my Lawrence Welk show is coming on.  Your pal, (cough, cough, cough) Switchback