[pct-l] Another Reinhold question--a JMT question

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu May 1 13:32:54 CDT 2008

Joe,
I don't like to hike in wet shoes, so I always take them off  if I can't
find a log to cross or skip hop across.
Besides, you can usually find a log or skip hop across most creeks on
the JMT.
Many hikers use sandals or crocks for river crossings.
If you drain all the water out of your shoes and put on dry socks, the
shoes should dry out in a while....it gets quiet warm in July on the
JMT, but it can also get quit cold.
Mosquitoes will be a major problem this early in the season.

JMT Reinhold