[pct-l] Lowest nighttime temps in socal?

bharve at dslextreme.com bharve at dslextreme.com
Mon Mar 31 13:42:21 CDT 2008

Eric,

On 2007 hike I usually noted and recorded temp upon waking.  Waking was
usually around 6:30 ~ 7:00.  In southern Cal. recorded a lot of low to mid
40's, several mid to high 30's.  Recorded three below freezing:  25
degrees in Sect. C at Van Dusen Cyn Rd.;  30 degrees in Sect. C at Holcomb
Crossing trail camp; and 17 degrees in Sect. G about 14.9 miles S/O
Kennedy Meadows on the descent into Rockhouse Basin (map G5, data point
7980 ft., 0.2 mi.).  That 17 degree morning was on June 8 and was coldest
of my entire hike.

Your estimate of typical SoCal temps is good.

Have a great hike!
geezer

Eric Payne