[pct-l] trail fest

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Mon Mar 31 13:32:10 CDT 2008

As always, great presentations, great company, and a very good time with
friends, new and old.  The "Tales from the Trail" segment on Friday night
(this year facilitated by Yogi who told some great stories herself) has
become my favorite part of the event.

I especially thought that the annual meeting of the PCTA was especially good
this year.  It was wonderful to hear of how the organization and its
volunteers have made such a big difference on the trail, and to broaden
awareness of what the most tangible current needs are.  It made me feel good
to know that the personal time and dollars we contribute to the PCTA are
really doing something to protect and preserve the trail we love so dearly.

Jordan's (aka Good Times') remarks summed it up so well.  The number of
hours that volunteers contribute to the maintenance and reconstruction of
the PCT are simply staggering, and each and every hiker should be aware of
what goes into the trail they are having such a good time upon.  I'll take
it a step further and say that everyone who enjoys the trail, whether as a
thru-hiker or section hiker, should be supporting the PCTA in one way or
another.  But that's just my passion showing!

Proud member of the PCTA

L-Rod