[pct-l] Lowest nighttime temps in socal?

taterno at cox.net taterno at cox.net
Mon Mar 31 10:08:34 CDT 2008

This week, the low temps at Campo and Mt Laguna will be 35 deg F.  The desert low will be 49 deg F.  This probably will not change too much through April, unless a storm blows in.  April snow in the Lagunas is not uncommon.

I have a 20 deg F WM bag.  I am purchasing a 35 deg F Montbell 800 fill UL Super Strech bag for my socal section hikes.

Tom KI6ASP

---- Eric Payne <vaporjourney at gmail.com> wrote:

I know this has been posted before, but I can't seem to find a thread on it
when I do a google search now.  I'm trying to decide how low to take my
sleeping system.  Should I expect consistent temps around freezing at night
in socal, or are these typically somewhat rare?  I know that it can get cold
out there, but I'm hoping that this is a relative term in respect to the hot
days, and that lows in late april/may would be around 40, which is chilly,
but not too cold.