[pct-l] Snow Entry Date

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 17:02:52 CDT 2008

Yep, Scott, I've totally backed off trying to represent that my predictions are anything other than a great big WAG.? I choose to disagree with you on the statement that this is?working out to be an average year.? Snow fall in the SOUTHERN Sierra is below average and likely to melt earlier than normal. This is important to the hiker looking to enter the Sierra as the snow further north will melt off before the hiker arrives there.? Also, my predictions have always been and will always be for those hikers?who have experience with and equipment for hiking in limited snow.? This gives them the advantage of entering the Sierras while it is still cloaked in a light coat of beautiful snow, before the bears and mosquitoes become active and possibly ahead of the major meltoff - high stage runoff.?

Irresponsible and highly dangerous as ever,

Greg "Strider" Hummel