[pct-l] more questions from the rookies...

Amanda Gardynik aggardynik at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 12:23:23 CDT 2008

My boyfriend and I are new on the PCT and need some help. We will be
flying to San Luis Obispo from the Midwest to visit family and plan on
hiking section F in the beginning of April (5-10). We are wondering
about transportation to and from the trail?  We have limited time and
are not sure if we are going to have enough time to complete the whole
section.  Where might be a good place to stop? We were thinking
possibly Willow Spring because of the road that connects to highway
14. Is there transportation from 14 back down to highway 58 in
Tehachapi? What about from SLO to Tehachapi and back, etc.? Bus, taxi,
train, safe hitch hiking? Are there any transportation services in
local towns, etc.?

What can we anticipate weather to be like in this section at that time?

We read that we need a fire permit, does that include one for using a
stove only? Where should we get this and what is the price?

I'm sure we'll think of more...!

Amanda