[pct-l] Ladybug bloom on Baden-Powell

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Mon Mar 17 20:10:43 CDT 2008

Sisyphus from '05 encountered "thousands and
thousands" of them up there, but I don't recall a date
he mentioned.

Anyone on the list ever experienced it?

If so, is there a primetime to witness it?
~~~~~
Yep, but ya gotta be in the wilderness or in my yard to experience it..
Hmm,, tell me more about Sisyphus and his rock along the PCT...did he crush
the ladybugs as he rolled along, hopefully not..  Here's some ladybugs I met
on the limestone block of Marble Mtn last May that agreed to a group
photo.., just one crowd that I've met upon many summits over the last 40yrs.
It's more normal, than not..and I believe it's a spiritual, sexual, electro,
magnetic phenomenon that these incredible critters lead, and one that we are
lucky to be spectators... while following our own spiritual path...
http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/image/78734893