[pct-l] Dog bite

Tom Aterno taterno at cox.net
Sun Mar 16 17:59:34 CDT 2008

I had two dog experiences during my 2 lap hike around Lake Poway today.
  By the way, the flowers are gorgeous.

The first, thankfully, was on a leash, though the owner had trouble
restraining him.  It was a very large pit-bull mix.  It would have
nailed me if it wasn't leashed.  All I was doing was hiking by, not
antagonizing it in any way.  Just the very nature of a pit-bull is the
reason why my son never takes his pit-bull mix on a heavily traveled
trail, though Mindy is people friendly.  She just hates other dogs.

Next, two people were walking their dogs off their leashes around the
lake.  As a walked by, both dogs ran up to me after just jumping into a
stream, and proceeded to shake water and mud all over me.  I actually
thought it funny, but people must consider that some people would be
very upset with that kind of dog behavior.

People, please leash your dogs, as Phapanna had his dog.  Nice meeting
you, Phapanna.

Tom KI6ASP