[pct-l] Plugging through the Sierras?

Arno Holschuh affenmensch at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 20:39:07 CDT 2008

Howdy.
When I did CA in 2002, I plowed through from Kennedy meadows to VVR without resupply. I lost five pounds (that's not pack weight, yo) and spent a fortune on 5-egg breakfasts at VVR when I arrived, but I liked not having to stop off and hike so far off-trail.

This year there is more snow (probably) and I'm not as young, dumb and full of... pee and vinegar as I once was. What are members of this year's crop considering? I see the convenience of a resupply, but also reallyliked being the human version of those trucks headed for the border in the 70s classic "Convoy": I just kept on going, nothing could slow me, until I hit... that horseshoe paradise at VVR.

Arno