[pct-l] Guns?

katherine becksvoort kabecksv at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:32:18 CDT 2008

Okay, so I've had my share of seeing guns on folks backpack hip belts in ALASKA....which was un-nerving at that.......but on the PCT?

Is this for people or animals?

Practice good bear protocol.....that's the key with bears. Educate yourself. Even in Alaska.

Snakes move to fast to shoot. And you'd probably miss anyway.

Mountain Lions...if you see one, it's too late.

Strange people? Hmmmmm.....probably not a good idea to either tell them you have a gun, or show it to them. They might like it?

You'll have a hard time getting a hitch with a weapon on your hip. For real.

MoonPie